Implementation of the Multiannual Programme of the National Research Institute of Animal Production
The National Bank of Biological Material of the National Research Institute of Animal Production performs tasks as part of the Multiannual Programme of the National Research Institute of Animal Production for 2016-2020: “Conservation and Management of the National Farm Animal Genetic Resources Under Sustainable Use”, established by Resolution No 224/2015 adopted by the Council of Ministers on 15 December 2015 The activity area covers:
- Ex situ in vitro management of farm animal biodiversity conservation, including genetic resources cryopreservation procedures.
- Collection, storage and replenishment of the basic collection of biological material from selected species of farm animals as part of the activities of the National Bank of Biological Material.
Entities collaborating with the NBBM in the collection of biological material
- Małopolska Biotechnical Centre Ltd. in Krasne
- University of Life Sciences in Lublin
- Experimental Station of the National Research Institute of Animal Production Żerniki Wielkie Ltd.
NBBM is a member of the international EUGENA network
In 2018, the NBBM joined the European Genebank Network for Animal Genetic Resources (EUGENA).
For detailed information, please refer to EUGENA website.